I’ve gone from thinking of tomorrow as a ‘training run with a difference’ to having full on pre-race jitters in the space of 24 hours. I have no idea what I have to be nervous about, i’ve done this several times before. But each time I end up with these irrational nerves.
Been through my usual preparations:
- Put my clothes out
- Written out the back of my race number
- Found, lost, then found again my trusty 4 safety pins (that have been to New York and back with me)
- Tried to remember to drink lots of water
- Allowed myself a piece of cake (not strictly limited to pre half marathon days)
- Check my clothes again
- Had a nice relaxing bath (a new one to the list)
- Had a conversation with Jess about what to wear
Now going to bed, uncertain as to what I will wear in the morning.