Today’s run was a 3 x 10 minute threshold run. We had another light smattering of snow last night on top of the already icy lanes so I decided running fast on a slippery surface was not advisable so I took myself off to the gym today.
I really don’t enjoy running on the treadmill although it must be said it does have its advantages:
– for an interval session like this it’s good because you maintain a constant speed, rather than slowing down towards the end as I’m sure I do when running outside
– it must be kinder on the joints
– you can let your mind wander without the running the risk of slowing down
– I find the lack of variety of the surface makes different muscles tired
– I find myself constantly watching the clock as it’s right in front of you (I know you can cover it up) as opposed to looking at a watch
– it is very boring looking at the same view!
Plus I had forgotten my headphones 😦
Anyway, run done. No injuries. And home for a lovely bowl of home-made tomato and lentil soup. Yum!